Hold a Fundraiser
Fundraising can be fun! The ideas are endless and Barb Flink, TSSUS Volunteer Director, can help you come up with ideas, plan the details and send you documents for your use. Contact email@example.com for connect with Barb.Here is what others have done for TSSUS:
- Motorcycle ride benefit (a TSSUS member asked the planner of an annual event how to do it and the planner decided to donate the years proceeds to TSSUS!) How easy.
- A Longaberger basket bingo- raised over $1,500
- Gaming for a Cure hosted a marathon day and night of board games with prizes and freebies
- Restaurants (some) offer a percentage of the nights profits to charities
- Fun runs and marathons allow people to ask for support and use FirstGiving.com to send donations to TSSUS easily
- Local raffles
- Golf tournaments are a lot of work but the outcomes can be very successful; TSSUS has received over $24,000 from just 2 golf tournaments created to benefit TSSUS and our great work.
- Walk-a-thons are fun and create much awareness as well as allow many people to participate
- Bowl-a-thons allow family and friends an opportunity to make an event simple or even invite the public
- Wine tasting parties, pot-luck dinners and other home gatherings allow for awareness of those close to us as well as donations if offered
- Fishing tournaments, mountain climbing, swimming and more allow for endless opportunities
Send us your ideas and contact us before holding a fundraiser to benefit TSSUS (there are rules and laws in some states that need to be considered).